Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week 13

February 15, 2016 

hello family!!! 

so this week  the work really slowed down, because of last weeks sister fetuli being sick, so it was a lot of running around rescheduling appointments. but I have some good stories to share! 

Wednesday we taught our (one and only) investigator. it went well! we read from Alma 32 and talked about faith, and having the faith to continue on, and trusting you will find answers, or comfort or whatever you need. I always notice when we're teaching a lesson, I could learn form what I am saying! its always humbling

Thursday morning was AMAZING. We had our companion prayer at 9:00am, and lately we have been praying for miracles a lot, because this area isn't the easiest. so we said our prayer, and asked Heavenly Father to bless us with miracles in our work, and I KID YOU NOT less than a minute later, we got a call from a number we didn't know, and it was a girl from Arizona giving us a referral! her friend lives in our boundaries, and has been asking questions, and wants to learn more and talk with the missionaries!! WE WERE SO EXCITED!!! we have an appointment with her tomorrow at 4! we cant wait. we have a real good feeling about her. 

Friday, we had our weekly planning which takes awhile, but I have a good Sister Fetuli quote. we were talking about marriage (idk why, I guess cause we're girls) and she is a very sassy, independent little Tongan, and she said "if I get married, it will be a blessing- I will follow a commandment. BUT, if I stay single, it will be a MIRACLE" 

maybe y'all wont think its funny, but I died 

Saturday we went to visit a former investigator, and when we pulled up and he was sitting on his porch (sidenote, it has been sunny and in the 60's all week- basically, heaven) and we went and talked with him, he was super nice and he was asking us questions, and we just talked about what he learned form the previous missionaries. Theeeeeen, his phone rang, and he got up to check it, and HOLY LEG he was in his underwear!! his tiny little underwear!! it was soooo funny. me and sister fetuli looked at each other (and because we're bffs) made the exact same face. it was hilarious. he wasn't interested in having us come back, but hey. I got a good story out of the deal. 

Yesterday was super fun!! since it was Presidents day, we couldn't email, so we went to Red Rocks! I had never heard of it, but turns out its awesome! (ps, we got to wear pants, so when im lifting my leg in all the pictures, that's me saying "look what I can do cause im in pants!" just fyi) 

All in all it was an awesome week!! this is the last week of the transfer, so Saturday night we'll find out if we leave or stay. very stressful. 

I love you all and hope you have an awesome week!! 

sister richards









No comments:

Post a Comment