Saturday, January 9, 2016

Week 4

December 14, 2015

hey y'all!! 

this week went by so fast! which was a little bit of a blessing because im still trying my best to get used to the missionary life! 

heres a goos story: on Tuesday, we walked outside to go to the gym (our apartment one) and uhhhh our car wasn't there? we were SO confused. we went to the gym,  cause our zone leader and his companion workout before us, so we told him our car was gone, and we called president and stuff, then called the apartment complex and got the number for the towing company and THEY TOTALLY TOWED OUR CAR IT WAS SO RUDE. we didn't have a parking pass? whateves. the elders before us, their car that had the pass was in the shop, so we didn't have one, the man that works in the mission office that's in charge of cars, he said they have more problems with our apartment complex than any other complex, so I guess theyre  a lil crazy over there. but anyways. we got our car back

and then later that day, was the Christmas party! we watched a movie (a church movie) and ate, and did karaoke and they drew names so OF COURSE sister fetuli and I had to do it- it was dreadful. but it was fun to bond and laugh with our zone and one other zone. then they had a testimony meeting- but the worst kind where president calls on people its not voluntary. and he called on me! of course. and it went fine, I just said how if ive learned anything in the mtc, and on my mission in general, its that heavently father is SO aware of us

then we had transfers, that went fine. sister Allison, the sister training leader, shes super nice and supportive. cause now I just make it a joke how I cry all the time, and she had advice and was super helpful. I missed sister fetuli though! it was so funny- usually im homesick for my house, and my family, but on exhanges I was homesick for my apartment and sister fetuli! so I was super happy to be back with her

a few funny sister fetuli quotes- when we got Panera for dinner from a member on Tuesday, she said she was "in the sky 9" hahahha like cloud 9, but not quite. she is so funny. and we got candy bars at the Christmas party, and I got a hersheys cookies and cream, and she got a symphony, so we traded, and she kept calling it a "sympathy bar" I died. 

so a highlight of the week, we have an AWESOME family we're teaching!  its the wife, the husband, and their daughters one is three 3 and SO cute and the other is a baby. so the mom was baptized, but stopped going to church when she was 13, and she has a like 22 year old daughter that went on a mission, so she knows some about the church, the dad doesn't know a lot but he really wants to start going to church! 
so on Tuesday we went to do service for the wife, and she had us help put up their Christmas tree! like ornaments and everything! I LOVED it, then on Friday we had a lesson with the husband, and at the end he gave us their family Christmas card and that SUPER YUMMY almond rocha (idk what that even is- but It was so good) theyre just so nice I love them so much 

oh man, and so we had another 7.5 hour day at church yesterday, and did you have a lesson on stakes in relief society? uhhhhhhh BORING I WAS DYING. even the first time it was rough then I had to have it TWICE. no bueno. 

but we had an investigator at church in both wards! so holla at that. 

then we had a stake Christmas program thing last night, it was awesome. like musical performances, and people from different churches, it was awesome

I love all the emails people send, im so sorry I cant always reply- time runs out fast around here. but thank you for all the support, i love you all! 


Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment