Saturday, January 9, 2016

Week 7

January 4, 2016

Hi family!!!! 

this week was awesome! happy new year!

Tuesday we had exchanges, and I went with a sister in a Spanish area! which was very interesting and very eye opening. she is in Lakewood, which has a reputation for being a little ghetto (people call it lakehood, so theres that). I loved it!!! the entire day was appointments with only Spanish speakers so I didn't know what was going on, but it was so cool to see these people that live so differently than I did at home, and even on the mission! The people were so sweet and I tried my best to focus on the people talking and not let my mind wonder. and for dinner, I ate the spiciest meat of all time, so that was awesome

Wednesday we had our "mission tour" which was just a 9-4 day of training from president and the two sets of AP's for the metro side of the mission. it was so good! it was all about planning- weekly and daily- and I learned so much! I love conferences like that, I always feel so motivated to work!

Thursday was New Year's Eve! and the day was just a normal day, tried to contact some less actives and did some tracting! then in the evening we stopped by a ward members home who was having a NYE party, we stayed like 30 minutes and were home by 9! we had our own little party with supplies given to us by the member that was hosting the party (cause our members are the bomb). it was fun! definitely not a normal NYE, but I was fine with being in bed by 10 hahah

Friday we had weekly planning, and visited some less actives from our ward list

Saturday we did service in the morning!! a less active family is trying to get rid of stuff in their house so we went and carried things up from the basement and tried to help organize. and we got to wear PANTS. I LOVE PANTS.

Sunday was church day! because the wards changed times, now we're only there from 7:30-2! so holla at that. I love going to church though, its so nice to sit back and feel the spirit and get recharged for the coming week! We taught a lesson to a part member family on prayer and it went really good! the family is so nice and so ready to hear the gospel! we're super excited to keep building our relationship with them.

that's about it for this week! im still adjusting and still feeling pretty homesick, but I try to take it one day at a time! Its so crazy that this entire year I will be a missionary!

I hope all is well and everyone has fun going back to school and work today!!!
love you!!!!








Maddie holding her new niece


No comments:

Post a Comment