Saturday, January 9, 2016

Week 5

December 21, 2015

hello everyone!! 

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season! 
so first off- it snowed on Tuesday!! like two feet. school was canceled, and the roads were a mess. But turns out, im an expert at driving in the snow. not to brag, but we only got stuck once soooo you could say im basically a native. So since the roads were so crazy, we went and shoveled out ward mission leaders driveway! him and his wife are SO nice to us, and theyre a little on the elderly side so we thought itd be nice. and it was so fun!! im still in shock that it was fun, cause uh- manual labor- but it was awesome. and I was super sore the next day so that was fun too

On Thursday, it was still 20 degrees, and we were tracting a lot of the day! it was sooo cold but it made me feel like a missionary! and I remembered theres thousands of kids tracting in MUCH colder places so that helped me stay positive. oh and I fell down on the ice and now I have a huge bruise. but anyways. When we were tracting we knocked on a door and a teenager answered, and we could see the dad laying on the couch behind him, and we gave them our little message and they said not interested (like everyone we talk to) but before we left, sister fetuli asked "are you Polynesian?" and the kid said "yeah! tongan!" and so of course shes like IM TONGAN! and then they let us in! So we were in their living room, and the dad and sister fetuli were saying tons of names and places, seeing if they knew any of the same people, cause the dad is actually from tonga, and speaks tongan so sister fetuli was SO happy. turns out not a lot of people in Colorado speak tongan? who knew. 
so we were sitting there, and theyre saying all these cool names and names of cities with the cool accent they use to say it. and let me tell you- if you ever want to feel the least cool you have ever felt, go sit in a room with Polynesians. that's all I could think when we were sitting there, "I've never felt more uncool"
Polynesians rock 
they said we could stop by if we ever needed to warm up or needed dinner, but they didn't seem too interested in the gospel 

Our investigator pool is almost non existent. the family we LOVE, is moving! so that makes us so sad cause they are so nice. but the mom and daughters came to church yesterday! so we were super happy about that. 

a fny thing that I've learned to love about sister fetuli, is because English is her second language, she'll ask me quite often what a word means, or how to say a word, or describe something and ask what word she's trying to think of. it makes me feel SO smart. Like this week she was confused by the words "logical" and how to use it, so i get to turn into an English teacher and its so fun. i LOVE sister fetuli, the more time we spend together the more i realize she has a very sassy side, which makes me love her even more. I can appreciate a little bit of sass. 

I'm excited for Christmas Eve and Christmas! it'll be SO weird not being home, and probably super sad, but we have a fun day planned out! On Christmas eve our district is going caroling, and each companionship picks two of our people to go sing to, then Christmas day we just will go from house to house visiting families that have invited us over! and our wards are the nicest people ever. so I'm excited about that. 

i hope everyone has a good and safe Christmas!! watch some good movies for me! 
much love

sister Richards



Tracting in the cold 











No comments:

Post a Comment