Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 8

hi family!! 

I hope everyone had an amazing week!! 

Tuesday I was sick so we stayed in all day, it made me SUPER homesick, but I'm better now! health wise and homesick wise 
I got this  

On Thursday we had our district meeting, and our zone leader announced the new changes in the missionary program? idk if yall have heard, but no more transfer meetings, no more working our in gyms, and now exchanges will be done differently. crazy crazy! the rules im okay with, just the no gym thing is a little difficult. how am I supposed to combat all this pasta?!?! but all is well 

Friday it snowed! not a crazy amount but enough that I was driving like 10 mph. we had weekly planning, and our car had to get the oil changed, so we were stranded in sears for an hour or so, but it was all good! we did some window-shopping to kill the time. sister fetuli couldn't remember the word for "window shopping" and called it shoplifting instead hahaha oh sister fetuli 


Saturday was interesting! we were driving to an less actives house we were going to try and catch home (no one is every home so Saturday is the best) and our car overheated! apparently our water pump is broken and it was leaking coolant so we have a replacement car till ours gets its act together. thank the HEAVENS there was an extra car or else we'd be walking everywhere 

We had a few appointments scheduled this week with less actives, but only one ended up working out, and its the family that is moving next week. the work is slow here in Highlands Ranch but we're trying our hardest! 

One cool thing that happened, yesterday we were trying to meet a less active from one of the wards, and when we got there, their neighbor (who we had knocked on his door a few days before)  was outside smoking and yelled to us "hey I have a question! do you girls do service?" HECK YEAH WE DO!! he needed help moving stuff from a house he got from his sister, and its not in our missions but we're sending missionaries to help him! it was awesome! 

we got our transfer calls yesterday and I about died I was so nervous, but sister Fetuli and I are both staying!! thank goodness! so i'll be here at least 6 more weeks! 

I hope everyone has an amazing week!
Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment